Downloading eBooks to your mobile device with Bluefire Reader
How to Download:
EBSCOhost has an app that allows you to search its databases such as Academic Search Premier,CINAHL, MEDLINE, Newspaper Source, and Business Source Premier from Apple and Android devices. The app must first be authenticated via the web for access on your device.
To authenticate the EBSCOhost app:
Note: You have 24 hours to access the key from your device to authenticate the app. If the key is not used within 24 hours, it expires and you will need a new key.
Once it is authenticated, the app can be used for nine months, after which you must send yourself a new authentication key from the EBSCOhost interface.
Gale has an app that allows access to our collection of online Gale resources from your Apple or Android devices. Featuring a simple one time log in, just by enter your school email, and the password will be sent to you.
To download the AccessMyLibrary-College edition app:
1. Download the app from your appstore. (Note: Remember to download the College edition version of this app).
2. Open the app and select South Carolina as the state and then scroll until find Trident Tech under the North Charleston listing.
3. Enter your school email and press enter (the password will be emailed to you from email@example.com).
4. Enter password to open the site. You will see Trident Tech at the top along with the address and phone number.
5. Hit the Access Resources button to see the Gale databases offered.
46% of American Adults own a Smartphone. (Pew Internet, 2012)
By 2016 10 billion in use worldwide. (Cisco, 2012)
Smartphone sales will double that of PCs by 2016. (Gartner, 2012)
PC sales down 14% last year, worst quarter ever and fourth in a row in decline. (Ogg, 2013)
Americans spend 2 hours and 38 minutes a day on a smartphone, with 80% of that time using apps.
Mobile Apps generate 25 billion in annual revenue.
7.9 apps launched per day in 2012.