Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

TTC Library Policies & Services: Course Reserves

Course Reserves

The TTC library does not have textbooks in the collection.  However, you might consider placing the textbook or additional course related books or materials on reserve so that students can check out them out (2 hours of in-library use only).

To place an item on reserve, please fill out the appropriate form below and bring it into the library along with the item. If you have any questions, please contact the library.

Unfortunately, at this time, course reserves are limited to physical materials; we do not offer electronic reserves. We apologize for any inconvience this may cause.

General Information

The Trident Technical College Library staff offer a reserve service that provides temporary access to limited resources.  These resources may be original library or personally-owned resources. All reserve materials must contain a notice of copyright and comply with federal copyright laws and restrictions. Institutional faculty and staff are required to adhere to the TTC policy for Duplication and Use of Copyrighted Material.


Resources may be in various formats, including books, DVDs, VHS tapes, audiocassettes, magazines, and journals; however, reference books should not generally be placed on reserve. Additionally, consumable resources such as workbooks and standardized tests may not be photocopied.


Photocopies and copyright

·    Repetitive photocopying over multiple semesters requires written permission from the copyright owner.

·    Per copyright rules, consumables (ex. workbooks, standardized tests) cannot be copied.



Steps for Placing Items on Reserve

To effectively manage access to reserves, users are asked to: (1) read the Reserves Process, (2) read the Steps for Placing An Item on Reserve, and (3) complete the Reserve Request Form.