Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Films on Demand
Films On Demand is a streaming film database of over 17,000 educational films and documentaries. These videos can be embedded or linked within D2L, websites or presentations.
For more information on Films on Demand, download the flyer below.
Add Films on Demand Videos to the D2L
- Stimulate and reinforce in-class lectures or introduce a new topic
- Encourage open discussion on key issues and topics
- Embed persistent and authenticated video clips into D2L (Desire2Learn)
- Create and share playlists using premade clips, full videos, or custom segments—a great way to engage students and perfect for off-hours viewing and distance learning
- Save favorite videos to a personal folder
- Add a personalized video introduction to any playlist to provide an overview or give context
Films on Demand has an excellent tool for remote education and assessments. This feature allows admins, teachers, and librarians to create interactive video quizzes using full videos, segments, custom content, and web channels. To create a Quiz, you must be logged in using one of the three following account types:
A student account will only be able to take the Quiz assigned to them. For step-by-step instructions on creating a quiz, click here.
- Find inspiration and material for research papers and presentations
- Captioning and interactive, searchable transcripts on all titles
- Keyword tags for all content, linking to related material
- Follow up on a clip used by a professor in class and watch the rest of the video
- Get citations for all videos in MLA, CMS, Harvard, and APA formats, with up-to-date citation creation and export
- View videos anywhere, 24/7
- Share, save, and organize videos and playlists